Thursday, June 24, 2010

Translation and Commentary on Matn Umm al-Barahin

In the Name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merficul. And the Salutations of Allah be upon our master Muhammad (peace be upon him) and upon his Family and all of his Companions.

Matn Umm al-Barahin also called Matn al-Sanusiyyah. It was written by Syeikh Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Sanusi al-Hasani. The book provides the rational justification for the fundamental principles held by the Ahl al-sunnah wa al-Jamaah. The formal systematisation of Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jamaah creed was undertaken independently by two scholars; Imam Abu al-Hasan Ali al-Ash'ari and Imam Abu Mansur al-Maturidi. Herewith, the translation and commentary on Matn Umm al-Barahin by Syeikh Abdullah al-Malali.

Click here to get your copy.

"I only desire (you) betterment to the best of my power; and my success (in my task) can only come from God. In Him I trust, and unto Him I look." (Surah Hud: 88)